Ross Burkinshaw believes Kell Brook will KO Amir Khan inside six rounds if the pair meet in the Summer.
The Sheffield bantamweight, currently out with a potentially career-ending injury, also predicts a spectacular return to the ring for another Ingle boxer, Kid Galahad (Abdul Barry Awad.)
Awad is suspended after drugs were found in his body - he claims his protein shake was spiked. Burkinshaw says he can come back and beat the likes of Scott Quigg.
Giving his predictions for 2016 - influenced by his affection for the city’s boxing scene, The Star pundit says:
* “Kell Brook has got a big fight coming up - he will win that. (The IBF has mandated that Brook must next fight Canadian Kevin Bizier, it could be held in Quebec or New York.) And then the next one is going to be Amir Khan, we all know what is going to happen.
“Once Kell hits him on that chin, he’s going down. Within the first six rounds, Kell will knock him out.”
* Barry Awad: “He has been out of action for a while, the circumstances lots of people know about. Each to their own, whether they believe it or not. I am a good friend of Barry’s and I believe he will come back with a vengeance. When he beats Scott Quigg he will wipe a lot of smirks off people’s faces.
* Boss Box Fit: (Shameless plug) “I am going into partnership with Dennis Hobson, he already has a gym but he needs someone to make a success of it. And you’ve got yours truly to do that. This is my next venture.”
* Ryan Rhodes “He will have another champion. He has already had me winning the Commonwealth title, and then I went on to win the WBO European, he had Curtis Woodhouse win the British, I believe he may have Sam O’maison as the next title holder.”
* Lewis Taylor “He has got a Commonwealth title coming up, I believe he will win that. He has been in some very tough fights in 2015. He beat Jez Wilson, I didn’t expect that. I believe the future is very bright for Lewis.”