A woman had a lucky escape after her bungalow caught fire when she was burning candles.
Firefighters from Rotherham and Elm Lane stations were called out to King Gardens, Kimberworth, Rotherham at 10pm last night.
They spent an hour and a half tackling the blaze, which destroyed the bedroom of the property.
The woman was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “This was an accidental fire started by candles. The lady, who was the only only occupant, tried to fight the fire herself before going to her neighbours, who then called us.
“She was uninjured but was taken to hospital to be checked over due to smoke inhalation.
“The bungalow is now smoke logged and the bedroom has been gutted.”