VIDEO: Bedroom damaged in Doncaster house blaze

Have your say

The bedroom of a house in Doncaster was left badly damaged after fire broke out.

Fire crews were called to the property in Victoria Road, Bentley after flames were spotted in the upstairs front room of the property at around 1pm.

The aftermath of a house fire in Victoria Road, Bentley.

The aftermath of a house fire in Victoria Road, Bentley.

Shop owner Andy Baines, of nearby Victoria Road Convenience stores said: “One of the neighbours rushed in and said that a nearby house was on fire.

“The couple whose house it is are in their early to mid 30s with a couple of dogs and a cat and were out at work at the time.

“The fire was contained to the bedroom and no-one was injured and it didn’t spread to the rest of the house.”

Three fire engines attended at the scene along with police and the road was closed off while fire crews tackled the flames.

Buses were briefly disrupted as the drama unfolded.

Service 66 to Bentley was diverted to the end of The Avenue to the turning circle at the old pit gates and back along The Avenue but the road has since re-opened.

It is not clear how the fire started although a number of damaged electrical items were visible outside the front of the home, along with other items destroyed in the fire.