Two more Covid-19 patients die at Doncaster hospitals, bringing total to four in two days

Two more patients diagnosed with Covid-19 have died at Doncaster’s hospitals in the last 24 hours, making a total of four fatalities in the last two days.

Tuesday, 13th October 2020, 6:29 pm

In a daily update, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust also said that a number of new cases had also been admitted.

A spokesman said: “In the past 24 hours, we have confirmed an additional four cases of Covid-19 at our hospitals, and sadly two individuals have passed away - and we share our very deepest sympathies with those affected families during this difficult time.

"We can also confirm that eight patients have been safely discharged, and we wish them all the very best in their ongoing recovery.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

There have been four coronavirus deaths at Doncaster hospitals in two days.

"Colleagues continue to manage our position admirably, but please do all you can to support them by remembering hands, face and space, and adhering to new local guidelines.

"Please remember hands, face and space and continue offering your amazing support.”

The Trust covers three local hospitals, Doncaster Royal Infirmary, Bassetlaw Hospital in Worksop and Mexborough’s Montagu Hospital.

Earlier today, chiefs at Montagu said that four Covid-19 cases had been confirmed at the hospital and that measures were being stepped up to prevent the disease spreading further.

Doncaster is due to go into ‘high level’ Tier 2 coronavirus restrictions tomorrow, with cases rising in large numbers across the borough in recent weeks.

There have now been 242 deaths within the hospital trust area since the start of the pandemic in March, although the actual figure in the community is far higher.