Tributes have been paid to a South Yorkshire woman "with a heart of gold" after she was killed in a house fire on Friday.
The woman, named locally as 58-year-old Carol Padgett, died alongside her Jack Russell pooch in the fire-infested home she shared with 62-year-old partner Peter Mosey.
Firefighters arrived to the semi-detached property in Staincross, Barnsley, to find it "well-alight" with five crews battling the blaze at one point.
South Yorkshire Police said that, following the fire investigation, they believe the blaze was started accidentally with the most likely cause being the use of candles.
A statement later released by Carol's 34-year-old son Lee Padgett said: "My mum was a very quiet person, who kept herself to herself and had a heart of gold, raised us well and will be sadly missed.
"This has come as a shock to us all and we would ask for our privacy at this time."
Five engines attended the incident with crews from Barnsley, Tankerley, Dearne and Cudworth. and an Yorkshire Air Ambulance was later called to the scene.
A neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said that Carol had moved into the house two years ago with Mr Mosley.
He said: "Nothing like this happens on here, but it is shocking.
Following the incident on Friday evening, South Yorkshire fire service tweeted: "Sadly, a woman has died following a serious house fire in Barnsley this evening."
They added: "Firefighters were called to the incident on New Road, Staincross at around 5:49pm this evening."
A number of heartfelt tributes were posted to Carol on the service's Facebook page following the announcement.
Rachel Hudson said: "Awful news. Thoughts are with her family. RIP."
Charlie Sagar said: "All the love to your family and friends xxx."
Rebecca Davies said: "So sad. R.I.P to the poor lady. Thoughts to her family. Thoughts to the emergency services. Xxxx"
Sally Hannah Beckett said: "Sad news, condolences to the family and friends xx"
Anne Marie Tolan said: "So sad to hear this. Thoughts go out to all concerned xx