Staff and customers evacuated from McDonald's restaurant in Sheffield

Staff and customers have been evacuated from a McDonald's restaurant in Sheffield this morning.

By The Newsroom
Friday, 30th December 2016, 9:57 am
Updated Monday, 9th January 2017, 12:12 pm
Firefighters outside McDonald's in Sheffield city centre
Firefighters outside McDonald's in Sheffield city centre

Staff ordered everyone out of the High Street restaurant in the city centre when a carbon monoxide alarm started sounding.

Firefighters ventilated the property and are on standby outside while they wait for an engineer to arrive.

Firefighters were called to McDonald's in Sheffield city centre this morning
Firefighters were called to McDonald's in Sheffield city centre this morning