South Yorkshire firefighters save woman from burning building in 'accidental' blaze

A woman was pulled from a burning building by South Yorkshire firefighters after an ‘accidental’ fire broke out.

Thursday, 27th August 2020, 4:16 pm

Four fire crews from Rotherham, Dearne and Maltby stations attended the blaze at 1:20am last night (Wednesday, August 36) on Williams Street, Parkgate, Rotherham.

One woman was rescued from a property.

A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “Luckily the lady did not need to go to hospital.”

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters were called to the blaze on William Street.

The fire is believed to have started accidentally in the kitchen. The crews left at 2:10am.

Thank you to all who support local journalism with a print subscription. The events of 2020 mean trusted, local journalism is more reliant than ever on your support. We couldn't do it without you. Please subscribe here https://www.localsubsplus.co.uk/ so we can keep campaigning on your behalf. Stay safe.