Sheffield Wednesday: Why Carlos Carvalhal is wary of '˜dangerous' Nottingham Forest
Wednesday boss Carlos Carvalhal has warned his players to expect a Nottingham Forest backlash ahead of their trip to the City Ground.
Forest, under the stewardship of interim boss Gary Brazil, have slipped to 17th in the standings following back-to-back away defeats at Norwich City and Fulham.
But Forest are strong in their own backyard and will be searching for a fourth straight home win when they entertain Carvalhal’s promotion hopefuls tomorrow.
Brazil’s side revamped their forward line before the January transfer window closed, bringing in Ross McCormack on loan from Aston Villa and Bolton Wanderers attacker Zach Clough.
Carvalhal, who will be without the services of centre-back Tom Lees (knee) again, said: “Forest have a good squad. It will be a tough game.
“They are not an easy team to play against and have won their last three home matches.
“They are much better now with the new players than in the past. We know it is one of the more dangerous games this month but I think we will be ready for it.”
Sign up to our daily newsletter
Wednesday triumphed 3-0 at the City Ground last year, producing one of their best away performances of Carvalhal’s reign.
“We played well that day but it will be a different game this time,” he said. “I think they are better this season.
“Forest are in a position which is not comfortable. They are not in danger of the last positions but it is not comfortable and these teams are all the time dangerous as they are fighting for their lives.
“We expect that they will fight a lot. They will try to press but it is nothing that we haven’t seen before.”
With Wednesday having won nine of their last 14 outings, Carvalhal is confident the team can pick up another positive result.