Sheffield singer and former X-factor contestant praises fans' support after Brighton attack
Sheffield singer and former X-factor contestant Lucy Spraggan has thanked fans for their support after she was reportedly attacked in a Brighton karaoke bar on Friday.
Lucy, 25, took to Instagram to reveal she was assaulted after performing at Brighton Concorde 2 on the tour of her fourth album 'I Hope You Don't Mind Me Writing'.
The singer-songwriter said she had been attacked after the show, along with her guitarist and her wife.
Police said that they were called shortly before 3am on Friday to Middle Street in Brighton following reports that a 25-year-old woman had been attacked in a karaoke bar.
A 26-year-old woman and a 27-year-old woman, both from London, have been arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and both have been bailed to Saturday 15 April pending further enquiries.
Lucy posted two pictures of her injuries following the attack, one where she is holding a clump of her own hair and another with a number of cuts and bruises on her face.
She posted: "That's my own hair. Was attacked tonight after the show in brighton, along with my guitarist and wife.
"Sussex Police have been amazing and are pursuing a charge."
Following the arrests, Lucy took to Instagram once again to post a message thanking fans for their continued support.
She said: "There's been a lot of speculation over the last couple of days.
"Me, my wife and my guitarist are all OK. Two people were arrested and bailed while the police gather evidence.
"It was all very s**t and not a great way to finish the UK leg of tour, but hey ho.
"Thank you for all the kind words, that's all we have to say for now!
"Finishing the rest of the tour in Europe as planned."
The singer-songwriter shot to fame when she appeared on the X-Factor in 2012 before quitting due to illness.
She became the first contenstant in the show's history to score a Top 40 single and album before the live shows aired with her album 'Top Room At The Zoo.Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/arrests-made-after-sheffield-singer-and-former-x-factor-contestant-attacked-in-brighton-1-8446351