Sheffield nightclub stabbing case remains unsolved

Detectives investigating a knife attack in a Sheffield nightclub in which one man was stabbed in his head and another in his lung have not yet made any arrests.

Wednesday, 4th April 2018, 7:11 am
Updated Wednesday, 4th April 2018, 7:16 am
Two men were stabbed in Area nighclub

The men were knifed when violence flared in Area nightclub in Burgess Street, off Barker's Pool, in the early hours of Sunday, October 1.

CRIME: Cannabis factories linked to violence in SheffieldBoth victims were rushed to hospital in a serious condition but survived the attack.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A South Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said CCTV footage has been examined and forensic work carried out but those involved have not yet been identified.

She said: "No arrests have been made in relation to these incidents."In terms of motives and suspects, this remains unclear."

Read More

Read More
Call for action after Sheffield schoolboy 'could have been killed' in attack

The stabbings came less than 24 hours after six other men were knifed in separate incidents in Sheffield city centre.

On September 30, three men, aged 19, 20 and 25, were stabbed in Carver Street and one hour after the incident, violence flared again on neighbouring Division Street and three other men men - aged 20, 22 and 30 - were also stabbed.

Lamar Waite, aged 18 and formerly of Denholme Close, Burngreave, was jailed for 16 years over an 'explosion of violence' in which he slashed three Polish men after becoming involved in a brawl in Division Street

His co-accused Osman Adan, 20, of Neville Close, Burngreave, was sentenced to 12 months in a young offenders’ institute for his part in the violence.

He punched the victims and used a glass bottle in the attack.

Judge Kelson, who jailed the pair, described the incident as an ‘explosion of violence’.

He said: "We live in a society that is totally aware of the dangers caused by knives. And we live in a society that lives in constant fear of people who are carrying knives."

Nobody has yet been charged over the Carver Street incident on the same day.