There’s nothing better than spending a day undergoing some retail therapy at Meadowhall.
But, heading round the huge number of shops can get tiring so it’s important to re-fuel and keep hydrated.
Luckily, there are more than enough bars, restaurants and cafes inside the shopping centre to ensure every need is met.
With so many restaurants to choose from, it’s important to know which have the best food hygiene scores.
The Star can today reveal the best and worst food hygiene score for every restaurant, bar and cafe at Meadowhall.
Click on the link above to find out the best and worst rated at Meadowhall.
Every business which deals with food has their hygiene standards inspected by safety officers from the local authority.
The food safety officer inspecting the business checks how well the business is meeting the law by looking at:
- how hygienically the food is handled
– how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- the condition of the structure of the buildings
– the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
- how the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
At the end of the inspection, the business is given one of the six ratings from 0-5.
The top rating of ‘5’ means that the business was found to have ‘very good’ hygiene standards.
To find out the best and worst rated restaurants and cafes at Meadowhall, click on the link above.