Ecclesall Road is home to some of Sheffield’s best restaurants and cafes.
It’s one of Sheffield’s most popular streets for tourists and locals alike with dozens of fantastic restaurants to choose from.
But, which of these restaurants and cafes have the best food hygiene scores?
Click on the link above to find out the best and worst rated restaurants and cafes on Ecclesall Road.
The Food Standards Agency has revealed that one cafe requires major improvement while a restaurant also requires improvement.
Most of the restaurants and cafes either have a Good or Very Good rating.
Every business which deals with food has their hygiene standards inspected by safety officers from the local authority.
The food safety officer inspecting the business checks how well the business is meeting the law by looking at:
- how hygienically the food is handled
– how it is prepared, cooked, re-heated, cooled and stored
- the condition of the structure of the buildings
– the cleanliness, layout, lighting, ventilation and other facilities
- how the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
At the end of the inspection, the business is given one of the six ratings from 0-5.
The top rating of ‘5’ means that the business was found to have ‘very good’ hygiene standards.
To find out the best and worst rated restaurants and cafes on Ecclesall Road click on the link above.