A police probe is underway after two horses were poisoned in South Yorkshire.
It is believed that two horses which fell ill were given a poisonous substance to eat while they were in a field off Carr Field Lane, Bolton-on-Dearne, Barnsley.
The poisoning incident is believed to have happened between 10am and 1pm on Saturday, February 18.
PC Lee Clarke said: “Thankfully, the horses appear to be on the mend, however the substance they ate has been confirmed as poisonous.
“Our enquiries so far have led us to believe that someone could have fed the horses this substance and we are investigating the incident.
“I’d like to hear from anyone who was in the area at around that time and saw anything suspicious, or who knows anything about the incident."
Call South Yorkshire Police on 101.