POLICE have warned of a clampdown on drunk and disorderly behaviour in Doncaster after two men were banned from every bar in the town centre.
Magistrates dished out drink banning orders to 25-year-old David Simon from Bentley and 32-year-old Kevin Ibbotson from Woodlands after they pleaded guilty to drunk and disorderly behaviour.
Police said the court orders sent a clear message to the public.
Both men were arrested by police on the same weekend last month.
Simon, of Willow Bridge Caravan Site, was arrested by police out on patrol on Silver Street outside the La Baracca bar, on Friday, March 18.
He was being restrained by door staff and was being abusive towards them. The door staff told officers he had been headbutting windows at the bar as well as car windows parked nearby.
Ibbotson, of The Park, was arrested after he was ejected from Mood nightclub on Priory Walk on Saturday, March 19 for being ‘heavily intoxicated’.
Officers said they intervened after he continued to be aggressive to staff outside the club and act in a disorderly manner to the police and people passing by.
Both admitted drunk and disorderly behaviour when they appeared before magistrates.
Both drink banning orders will be in place for six months. The orders ban the men from entering any premises that are licensed to sell alcohol within the town centre.
Jules Moss from the Anti-Social Behaviour Team in Doncaster said: “This sends a clear message out that this kind of behaviour will not be tolerated in Doncaster.
“The six-month banning order will make these men think twice about causing a nuisance through drink in the future.
“We will continue to crack down on this kind of behaviour and ensure the small minority of people causing a nuisance on a night out will be dealt with appropriately.”