A WOMAN whose two cats died from suspected poisoning is warning animal-lovers to be on their guard.
Denise Saddington, of Carlton-in-Lindrick, Worksop, lost her cats Sasha, aged six, and Baby, nine months, after they both began suffering from the same poisoning symptoms within hours of each other.
Sasha fell ill on Sunday February 13.
By the following day her condition had worsened and her kitten, Baby, fell ill.
Both cats were taken to a vet but their conditions deteriorated and they had to be put to sleep.
It is not known how the cats came into contact with the poison.
Denise said: “It is heart-breaking to think that both my cats have died from some kind of poison.
“Now I just want to warn other people in the area to be aware.
“I just hope that by raising awareness, we can prevent this from happening again.”
RSPCA animal welfare officer Kate Burris said: “This was a very sad incident and we would appeal to anyone who has any information to contact the RSPCA.”
Anyone with information should call 0300 1234999.