Plastic box on hot plate sparks Sheffield house blaze

A plastic box left on a hot cooking plate sparked a blaze at a Sheffield home last night.

By The Newsroom
Wednesday, 21 February, 2018, 08:02
Woodhouse Lane, Beighton. Picture: Google

The incident happened at a property in Woodhouse Lane, Beighton, at 9.40pm.

Three crews from Parkway, Aston and Birley stations spent 40 minutes tackling the blaze.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A fire service spokesperson said the cause was accidental.