Pets perish in house fire in Sheffield

A dog and guinea pig died after being overcome by smoke in a house fire in Sheffield.

Monday, 25th April 2016, 9:14 am
Updated Monday, 25th April 2016, 9:18 am
Fire

The pets perished when some paper caught fire next to a hob which had been left on in the house in Fircroft Avenue, Shiregreen.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters were alerted to the incident at 1.40pm on Saturday but were unable to save the pets.

The owners of the property were not in at the time.