Pictures and video emerged online of customers and staff being led out of the shop in Chaucer Road, Parson Cross.
Firefighters from Rivelin Fire Station were called to the scene at just after 8pm but they discovered there was no blaze.
A fire brigade spokesperson said a fault with the sprinkler system had triggered the alarm which meant people inside had to be evacuated from the building.
Rose House pub Walkley: Sheffield landlady pledges to stay open after windows smashed in two attacks
Sheffield father poured petrol over daughter and tried to set her on fire
Sheffield shooting: Three men charged after man shot in broad daylight in Manor area
Police incident Woodhouse Sheffield: Two men and a woman injured after large fight breaks out on Market Square
Staniforth Road Darnall: Man injured as van is smashed up in front of stunned onlookers in Sheffield