Warning over pet poisoning in Sheffield suburb

Vets in Sheffield have issued a warning after a number of cats in a city suburb have started falling ill.

Wednesday, 22nd May 2019, 9:15 am
Updated Thursday, 23rd May 2019, 2:34 pm
Cats in Stannington are believed to have come into contact with a toxin

Abbeymoor Veterinary Centres, which has two practices in Sheffield, has posted a warning to cat owners on its Facebook page following a rise in reports of sick cats in Stannington.

They fear the cats may have come into contact with a toxin.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

In the post, vets state: “It has been brought to our attention that there have been quite a few cats in the Stannington area of Sheffield that have become unwell after possibly being in contact with a toxin.

“If your pet becomes unwell or is showing signs of becoming unwell – lethargy, sleeping lots, unsteady when walking, not eating or drinking, unusual behaviour for your cat – please book an appointment with us straight way.”