Man rescued from Sheffield house blaze

A man was rescued from a fire in the kitchen of a Sheffield home early this morning.

Friday, 2nd August 2019, 9:21 am
Updated Friday, 2nd August 2019, 4:45 pm

Crews from Sheffield Central, Birley and Parkway stations were called out to a property in Toppham Way, Lowedges, at 4.30am.

Read More

Read More
Man's body found in Sheffield park

A fire service spokesperson said the incident was sparked by a pan being left on the stove which then filled part of the property with smoke.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Toppham Way.

Firefighters led a man aged in his 20s out to safety.

He was treated for smoke inhalation.