Man rescued from Sheffield house blaze
A man was rescued from a fire in the kitchen of a Sheffield home early this morning.
Crews from Sheffield Central, Birley and Parkway stations were called out to a property in Toppham Way, Lowedges, at 4.30am.
A fire service spokesperson said the incident was sparked by a pan being left on the stove which then filled part of the property with smoke.
Sign up to our daily newsletter
The i newsletter cut through the noise
Firefighters led a man aged in his 20s out to safety.
He was treated for smoke inhalation.