Dishwasher fire breaks out at Sheffield flat block
Firefighters were called out to a block of flats in Sheffield after a dishwasher caught fire on the fourth floor.
Crews from Central and Rivelin stations were sent out to a flat block in Allen Street, Kelham Island just after midnight on Sunday, June 16.
A spokesman from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: “There was one gentleman who was in the property at the time, who had very minor smoke inhalation.”
Police probe launched after man armed with knife demands car keys from driver filling up at Sheffield petrol station
Car salesman must pay out over £13,000 after he sold a dangerous vehicle to a Sheffield customer
Sheffield United fans raise concerns about 'aggressive' Bramall Lane stewards as club investigates 'inappropriate behaviour'
Flockton Park Sheffield: Park taped off by police as officers carry out search
These are the most annoying things you can say to somebody from Sheffield - don't mention John Lewis
“The fire did not spread, and was contained within the flat where the blaze started, due to all of the flats being purpose-built.”
A fire alarm sounded in the flat block, which led to some residents leaving, but ‘others remained in their properties,’ added the spokesman.
Crews left the scene at around 12.45am.