Pair treated for inhaling smoke

Share this article
Have your say

TWO men were taken to hospital after breathing in smoke from a blaze when a pan was left on the hob at a South Yorkshire home.

The incident happened at a house on Richardson Walk, Wombwell, Barnsley, and was attended by firefighters at 6.50pm on Monday.

Crews also attended a house on Goose Lane, Wickersley, Rotherham, after a dishwasher caught fire on Monday night. Nobody was injured.

In Sheffield, firefighters were called to The Oval, Firth Park, after a shed caught fire at 3.30am on Monday. The fire is believed to have been accidental.

And firefighters tackled an accidental shed fire at Bellcross Gardens, Cudworth, Barnsley, on Monday evening.