NEWS IN BRIEFL Pan left on stove sparks kitchen fire

Share this article
Have your say

A KITCHEN was smoke damaged by a fire which started at 8.15pm on Tuesday when a pan was left on the stove.

An appliance from Central station was sent to Lopham Street, Pitsmoor, Sheffield, but the fire was out when the crew arrived. Firefighters then ventilated the building. No-one was injured.

Flat badly burned

A FIRST floor flat was badly damaged when fire broke out. Crews from Staveley, Chesterfield, Mosborough and Aston were called to Beech Avenue, Killamarsh, on Tuesday afternoon and firefighters using hose jets and an aerial platform extinguished the flames.

Electrical fault fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called after a car went up in flames on High Street in Ecclesfield on Tuesday. The fire was caused by an electrical fault.

Burglars take car

A CAR was stolen after its keys were taken in a break-in on Greenhill Avenue, Greenhill, Sheffield on Friday.