News In Brief: Police probe arson at Dronfield

Have your say

POLICE are investigating after a fire was deliberately started at a sports pavilion in a village on the outskirts of Sheffield.

Firefighters from Dronfield station were alerted to the blaze at a bowling pavilion in Eckington Road, Coal Aston, at around 10pm on Friday night.

They used a hose reel to extinguish a fire which affected a water tank and thermal imaging equipment to check the remainder of the building.


TWO people were treated for smoke inhalation and firefighters has to rescue a pet dog when a fire broke out at a house near Bakewell.

Firefighters from Bakewell and Buxton stations were called to the house in Hucklow at around 2.50pm on Saturday.

They used a hose reel to out the fire which had been caused by a faulty dishwasher and two officers used breathing apparatus to enter the building to rescue the dog.


FIRE crews were called out to deal with an electrical box fire on Church Street, Greasbrough, Rotherham, at 10pm on Saturday night.

Police closed the road for about an hour.


FIREFIGHTERS from Staveley and Bolsover attended a kitchen blaze at New Bolsover, Chesterfield at 4pm yesterday.

They removed the cooker from the property and spent 20 minutes dealing with the incident.


A FIRE broke out behind SCS Upholstery in Markham Road, Chesterfield, at 3.15pm yesterday.

Crews from Chesterfield used a hose reel jet to put out the fire which was contained behind the story.