News in brief:

Share this article
Have your say

Woman freed from lift that got stuck

A WOMAN who got stuck in a lift in a high rise building had to be freed by firefighters.

Fire crews were quickly on the scene after they received reports of the woman being stuck in a building in Low Pavement, Chesterfield, at 7pm on Tuesday.

They soon had the woman safely on her way and no one was injured, crews said.

Kitchen blaze

A KITCHEN was badly damaged by a fire in a home on Tuesday evening.

Fire crews from Barnsley and Cudworth were alerted to the blaze in Rebecca Mews, Worsbrough Common, Barnsley, at around 8.10pm.

The fire is thought to have started accidentally and no-one was injured.

Chimney on fire

FIRE crews from Barnsley were called after a chimney caught fire in Cooper Road, Kexborough, at around 9.50pm on Tuesday.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the blaze from the grate end of the chimney. No-one was injured.