Share this article
Have your say

A FAULTY tumble drier sparked a fire in a flat in Rotherham.

The fire started in the kitchen of a ground-floor flat on Rawmarsh Hill, Parkgate, at 10.35pm on Wednesday, while the occupant - a man in his 20s - had a group of friends round to visit.

The group were waiting outside when firefighters arrived, and the kitchen needed to be ventilated as the room was filled with smoke.

ARSONISTS struck at a skate park in Barnsley when they set fire to a pile of rubbish.

The flames broke out at around 7.20pm on Wednesday, and a firefighters from Barnsley fire station were called out to extinguish the blaze.

FIREFIGHTERS put out a burning van on Burton Road, Monk Bretton, Barnsley, at around 7.25pm on Wednesday.

A crew from Cudworth fire station attended the scene of the blaze, which started accidentally.

AN ELDERLY man needed to be rescued by firefighters and ambulance staff when he became trapped in his bathroom.

The pensioner became stuck between his toilet and a wall at his home on Willow Square, New Tupton, near Chesterfield, at around 3.30pm on Wednesday.

A MAN from Barnsley who went missing for five days has returned home.

Steven Jackson, aged 46, was reported missing from his home on Cherry Tree Street, Hoyland, after last being seen on November 30.

Police said he returned ‘safe and well’ on Wednesday.