New Year celebration firework caused a blaze at the back of a home

Derbyshire firefighters had to use a hose reel jet to extinguish an out-of-control firework during New Year celebrations.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 1st January 2018, 10:06 am
Updated Monday, 1st January 2018, 10:10 am

The large firework caused a blaze at the back of a home on Beauvale Drive, Ilkeston, late last night on New Year’s Eve.

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said Heanor firefighters were called out to the incident before 11.25pm and they used a hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze.