A woman had died on a camping trip with her family after apparently being overcome by fumes in her tent.
The 35-year-old from Chesterfield, who has not yet been named, was camping with her husband and two children on a site in north Wales when tragedy struck.
An investigation into the death is concentrating on whether a barbecue found close to the tent on the site in Gyrn Goch, Caernarfon, was to blame.
North Wales Police said “early indications” were that the family had been overcome by fumes.
The woman was declared dead at the scene while her children, aged four and seven, and husband were rushed to hospital after making it out of the tent alive.
Her husband was flown by the Wales Air Ambulance to Ysbyty Gwynedd in Bangor and the two children were taken by ambulance to the same hospital.
They had only arrived at the campsite for a family holiday two days earlier.
Sergeant David Hughes, from North Wales Police, said: “It’s obviously been quite distressing for everyone involved, not least the campsite owners and fellow holidaymakers.
“Part of our duties are to reassure these people who are naturally quite upset at what has taken place.
“The barbecue found near the tent is the focus of our investigations at present, with inhalation of these fumes being one factor we’re looking at.”
“Crime officers were immediately on hand with the death currently being treated as unexplained but not suspicious.”