Man treated by medics after Doncaster bungalow fire

editorial image
Have your say

A man was taken to hospital last night after a kitchen fire at his Doncaster home.

The cooker fire was already out when Doncaster fire crews arrived at the bungalow in Craven Close, Cantley, just before 6.45pm.

But the occupant needed medical attention for smoke inhalation and was taken away by ambulance.

A fire service spokesman said it had started accidentally.

Firefighters were also called to Bessacarr at 8pm when a Toyota car went up in flames as it was being driven south along Bawtry Road, near the Boswell Road junction. No-one was injured.