A man aged in his 60s had a lucky escape after a pan left unattended sparked a blaze in his South Yorkshire home.
The drama unfolded at a home in Ravenscar Close in Denaby Main, Doncaster, at 7.40pm last night.
A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said a pan had been left for too long on the cooker causing smoke to fill the property.
Firefighters from Edlington and Dearne stations were called out to deal with the blaze but it was already out on arrival and the man was safely out of the property.
Residents are now being warned about the dangers of leaving cooking unattended.
A fire brigade spokeswoman said: "Take extra care in the kitchen and never leave cooking unattended. Never, ever use a chip pan or any other pan filled with hot oil."