Man from Mexborough, Doncaster, posed as a young Oriental girl to entice boy to send explicit pictures.

Sheffield Crown Court.Sheffield Crown Court.
Sheffield Crown Court.
A man posed as a young Oriental girl on Facebook to entice an 11-year-old boy to send explicit pictures.

Connor Murphy, aged 22, of Windermere Close, Mexborough, was jailed for three-and-a-half years after pleading guilty to enticing a child under 18 to engage in sexual activity.

Sheffield Crown Court heard 76 indecent images and videos of children – including 30 at the highest level – were found on Murphy’s two computers when police searched his home.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

The judge His Honour Judge Robert Spragg described Murphy’s crimes as ‘very serious’.

He told Murphy: “They are worrying and disturbing in their content and included fantasies of what you would like to do to very young children.”

Murphy was arrested in June 2014 after South Wales Police identified him as sharing child pornography with a man who has since been jailed from their area.

The court heard Murphy had swapped seven videos of young men aged between six and 16, and received seven videos of boys aged between five to 15 from the man in Wales. The swap was done online.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

As a result of the referral, South Yorkshire Police attended Murphy’s home on June 11, 2014, arrested him and seized his two computers.

The court heard shortly before his arrest, Murphy contacted an 11-year-old boy via Facebook.

He did so while posing as a 16-year-old Oriental girl called Abbey Longdon.

When Murphy asked the boy if he would like to see naked pictures of ‘Abbey’, the victim responded that he did not want to because he was 11.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

But, the court heard, their conversations continued on Skype and Murphy eventually persuaded the boy to send a naked picture of himself.

His crimes were exposed after the victim raised concerns with his older brother.

His older brother then told their mother about what had been going on.

In a statement, the victim said he ‘felt horrible’.

He added that he wished the ordeal had not happened.

Murphy initially told police that the fake Facebook profile was due to a virus which had infected his computer.

He said the images and videos were downloaded by accident, due to a pop-up.

Murphy, who has no previous convictions, went on to make full admissions to police.