A young Rotherham man choked to death on a night out to celebrate his 21st birthday, an inquest heard.
Mark Wigglesworth was enjoying a night out with friends and relatives at The Carbrook Hall pub, in Attercliffe, Sheffield, when he choked.
Mr Wigglesworth, of Uttley Croft, Manvers, Rotherham, who turned 21 on Saturday, March 16, choked on some vomit which went down the wrong way – blocking his lungs.
An inquest into his death heard he was rushed to hospital but could not be revived, and died on March 20.
A postmortem examination revealed the choking fit starved his brain of oxygen.
Coroner Chris Dorries, sitting at the Medico Legal Centre in Sheffield, recorded a verdict of accidental death.