Man checked by paramedics after kitchen fire in Sheffield

A man was checked by paramedics after inhaling smoke when a fire broke out in his kitchen in Sheffield.

Tuesday, 7th March 2017, 8:41 am
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 10:09 am
A kitchen fire broke out in a house in Sheffield

The man, believed to be in his 80s, was in his house with his son when the fire broke out at 9.15pm yesterday.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Both men escaped before firefighters arrived.

The fire started on the gas hob in the OAP's home in Dyke Vale Avenue, Hackenthorpe.

Firefighters were called to the scene.