Main stage act pulls out of Tramlines festival after posting picture from hospital bed

Fans have been left devastated after a main stage act announced he had been forced to pull out of Tramlines Festival.

Friday, 20th July 2018, 12:20 pm
Updated Friday, 20th July 2018, 12:22 pm
Tramlines Festival

Britain's Got Talent 2017 winner Tokio Myers posted a picture from his hospital bed yesterday, explaining he could no longer perform at the festival.

Tweeting a picture of his hospital admission, Myers said: "Gutted to announce that this is my current view.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"Sadly meaning I won’t be able to perform at @Tramlines this weekend.

"I’d much rather be getting ready to rave it up with you guys but sometimes life throws curve balls and you just have to roll with them.

"Apologies to everyone who was hoping to catch my set but I’m sending you huge love and hope to catch you another time soon."

The musician, famed for his electronica-tinged piano performances, was due to perform at Hillsborough Park on Sunday, before De La Soul and Craig David.

Fans were quick to express their disappointment with Myers' announcement but wished the musician a speedy recovery.

Monica Obrien posted: "Wishing you a speedy recovery xx"

Leah Barniville tweeted: "Get well soon Tokio"

Stereophonics kick off the festival with their headline performance at Hillsborough Park tonight before Noel Gallagher takes to the main stage.

The festival, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this year, will take place at 40,000 capacity Hillsborough Park for the first time this year.

However, news of a 72-hour strike by Stagecoach Supertram workers this weekend in a dispute over pay, has left fans fearing travel chaos.

As the venue is about three miles out of the city centre, public transport is expected to be packed with thousands of fans making their way to and from the site.Stagecoach Supertram said there will still be a limited service running at the weekend between 7am and 7pm.