'Lucky escape' for occupants of South Yorkshire home who returned home from pub in time to save house from light fitting blaze
The occupants of a South Yorkshire property have had a 'lucky escape' after returning home from the pub in time to call the fire service to put out a blaze believed to have been caused by a faulty light fitting.
The blaze broke out at a property in Bellbank Way, Athersley, Barnsley at around 10.30pm last night.
A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the occupants returned to their property, after being at the pub, to find their house engulfed in smoke.
He said: "A light fitting had caught fire, and it filled the house with smoke.
"They had a very lucky escape."
Rose House pub Walkley: Sheffield landlady pledges to stay open after windows smashed in two attacks
Sheffield boxing and Strictly star Nicola Adams reveals name of baby boy born to her and Ella Baig
Staniforth Road Darnall: Man injured as van is smashed up in front of stunned onlookers in Sheffield
Popple Street: Kidnap, false imprisonment and blackmail charges after police swoop on Sheffield street
Sheffield father poured petrol over daughter and tried to set her on fire
Appliances from Cudworth station were sent to tackle the fire.
No-one is believed to have been injured.