A superhero party, live music and a cabaret show are just a few of the things on offer in Sheffield tonight.
We’ve put together this handy guide so you can quickly find something to do this evening - or to be precise, 13 things to do:
1. Treebeard, folk-rock band, JD’s Lounge Music Bar, 10A High Street, Dronfield, Derbyshire, S18 1PY, free.
2. Whip It Presents, The Meat Comes From The North, The Magic Flute, Sean Morley (Comedy), Sturike (Comedy), followed by DJ Warren Peace, The Washington, Fitzwilliam Street, 8pm-late, free entry.
3. Second Floor presents Endor, The Harley, Glossop Road, Sheffield.
4. Fear Lies, Hey-Turk, The Homesteads, Spitfire, O2 Academy 2, Sheffield, 6.30pm, £6 adv. 14+.
5. A Tribute to the Legends, Alan Becks hosts a tribute to Frank Sinatra, Buddy Holly, Dean Martin, The Rat pack and Legends of Swing. Three course dinner and entertainment, Carlton Park Hotel, 102-104 Moorgate Road, Rotherham, S60 2BG, 12pm, £14.95. Tel. 01709 849955.
6. Bonkers, Super Hero Party, The Plug, Matilda Street, 11pm, £4, 18+.
7. Hanover, The Plug, Matilda Street, 11pm, £5, 18+.
8. Hillsborough and Owlerton Local History Group, Transport in Hillsborough and District, by Paul Fox, Hillsborough Sports Arena, 7.30pm, tel. 2863017.
9. Rough Guide to Red Deer Ecology, 9.30-1.30pm. To book tel. 07738738844. wwweasternmoors.org.uk
10. Fay Hield & The Hurricane Party, Crucible Studio, £17.50, £12 disabled & unemployed, £5 u35s and students. Tel . 2496000.
11. It Runs In The Family, presented by Ecclesfield Priory Players, comedy by Ray Cooney, The Eppic Theatre, Well Lane, off High Street, Ecclesfield, S35 9TP, curtain 7.30pm. Tickets £7.50, (conc £6.50 Tues and Wed), from tel. 2402624.
12. Autumn Cabaret Show, performed by Thurcroft Theatre Group, at the Gordon Bennett Memorial Hall, Thurcroft, 7.15pm. Features selections from King and I, West Side Story, James Bond, Les Miserables, solo performances and comedy sketches. Pie and peas served on the night, and tickets, £13.50 must be pre-booked, tel. 01709 700773.
13. Killamarsh Dreams, Drama Entertainment Art & Music Society, local drama group, St Giles Church Hall, Sheepcote Road, 6-8pm, first week free. If you love to act, dance or sing in a fun friendly environment this is the place for you, previous experience not essential, aimed at young people, scool year 3 or above. Tel. 07518334783. email@example.com