LATEST: Meadowhall stabbing -Â Everything we know so far
As a teenage boy recovers after a stabbing outside Meadowhall last night, here is everything we know so far: Â
- Emergency services were called to Meadowhall at 7.20pm last night to reports of a knife attack outside the shopping centre.
- The stabbing occurred close to the taxi rank near to the entrance to Next.
- The boy was attacked while he was inside a taxi.
- Police officers and paramedics were deployed to the scene and the area was blocked off while the casualty was dealt with by paramedics.
- The boy was taken to hospital with leg injuries which are not believed to be life threatening. He is in a stabled condition today.
SHEFFIELD CRASH: Two women and girl, aged three, remain in hospital after fatal collision - The crime scene was cordoned off while a forensic examination was undertaken.
- Police chiefs ordered an increased police presence at Meadowhall in the wake of the attack last night.
- Two boys, aged 16,Â have been arrested on suspicion of wounding and remain in police custody this afternoon.
- CCTV footage is set toÂ be examined today from cameras in and around the shopping centre.
- The stabbing is being treated as an '˜isolated' and '˜targeted' attack.
- Security staff at Meadowhall assisted South Yorkshire Police in the aftermath of the attack. - Witnesses to the attack are being urged to come forward. - Anyone with information should call South Yorkshire Police on 101 and quoteÂ incident number 809 of November 12.