POLICE are trying to track down the owners of more than 20 mobile phones stolen during a concert of indie rockers Kasabian.
Officers arrested two 17-year-old youths on suspicion of theft at Tuesday’s sell-out show at The Dome, and are now trying to trace the owners of 23 phones recovered from the pair.
The concert, attended by more than 3,000 fans, was one of just two warm-up shows by the Leicester-based band ahead of a huge sell-out concert at the Royal Albert Hall.
Michael Hart, chief executive of DCLT, which runs the Doncaster Dome, said: “It is always disappointing when the actions of a few spoil things for people.
“This was an excellent gig and we wouldn’t want people’s memories of it to be tarnished by the unacceptable behaviour of opportunist thieves.
“We would always encourage people to be mindful of their belongings in crowded places, such as gigs.
“The security team at the Dome alerted the police to the situation which led to the arrest of two 17-year-olds on suspicion of theft.”
A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said there had been a number of reports of phones being stolen during the concert in the venue’s main sports hall during the 105-minute show, which finished shortly before 11pm.
Officers are now trying to locate the phones’ owners.
The spokesman said: “If anyone has any information in relation to these crimes or has had their phone stolen they are encouraged to contact South Yorkshire Police on 101.”
Anyone who has had their phone stolen will need to provide their IMEI number - the phone’s unique identification code - which can then be checked against those inside the recovered phones.
For more information on how to ensure officers can return items of stolen property, if it is recovered, visit www.immobilise.com
A smoke bomb was also set off by a fan inside the venue near the end of the concert by the band, whose biggest hits include Fire and Shoot The Runner.