Huge garage blaze in Sheffield was accidental

A huge garage blaze in Sheffield was accidental, investigators have ruled.

Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 12:47 pm
Updated Wednesday, 16th November 2016, 4:13 pm
An MOT centre in Sheffield went up in flames - pic: South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue

Firefighters were called to an MOT test centre on Herries Road, Fir Vale, on Monday night and found the industrial unit engulfed in flames.

Nearby homes were evacuated as a precaution because of fears that gas cylinders in the garage could have exploded.

Three cars in the garage were destroyed by the blaze and two neighbouring businesses were affected, but firefighters did prevent the flames from ripping through the entire block.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise