The son of a former power station worker who died from lung cancer caused by asbestos exposure is appealing for any of his father’s ex work mates to help lawyers investigate where he was exposed to the deadly dust.
Throughout the 1960s Malcolm James - nicknamed Blackjack by his colleagues - was a general labourer by trade and worked either for Sheffield-based scrap metal merchants Thos W Ward Ltd, know as Tommy Wards, or as a self-employed labourer, or ‘oxy-cutter’ at power stations across Yorkshire, where he was responsible for dismantling turbine houses, boilers, chimneys and pipework for scrap.
Malcolm was living in Filey when he died aged 69 in March 2009 after battling lung cancer, caused by asbestos exposure, for five months.
His son John, 48, has now instructed law firm Irwin Mitchell to help him in his battle for answers about where his dad was exposed to asbestos.
Call 0113 218 6453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org