Girl breathed in fire smoke

Share this article
Have your say

A FOUR-year-old girl and her mum had to be treated after breathing in smoke from a chip pan blaze which broke out in their Sheffield home.

The fire started on Turie Avenue, Parson Cross, at 5pm on Tuesday. Firefighters said the mum managed to remove the pan from the house by the time they arrived.

Six hours later, on Deerlands Avenue, Parson Cross, a man was forced onto his flat’s balcony for air after a fire was started deliberately in the bin chutes below. He dialled 999 after realising he was trapped.