Former Sheffield United striker Marlon King has admitted dangerous driving after a three-car crash left a motorist with a broken arm.
King committed the offence on his 33rd birthday while driving a Porsche Panamera on the A46 in Nottinghamshire last April.
The 35-year-old victim was airlifted to hospital after the collision at Winthorpe, near Newark, on the afternoon of Friday, April 26.
King, of Torksey, Lincolnshire, was due to go on trial at Nottingham Crown Court after denying the charge at an earlier hearing.
However, the footballer changed his plea today.
King is currently without a club after he was released by League One side Sheffield United in December – having only joined the Blades in September.
He made nine appearances, scoring one goal, during his brief spell with the Bramall Lane club.
The Jamaican international’s previous clubs include Gillingham, Nottingham Forest, Watford, Wigan, Coventry City and Birmingham City.
Judge Nigel Godsmark QC told King he would adjourn sentencing for a pre-sentence report.
Charles Langley, mitigating, asked for ‘alternatives’ to a custodial sentence to be looked into.
Ordering an interim driving ban, the judge told King he would make ‘no promises’.
King, who was granted unconditional bail, will be sentenced at Nottingham Crown Court on Friday, May 2.
In 2010 King lost a Court of Appeal challenge against a conviction for groping a young woman and then breaking her nose after she spurned his advances.
The player, who was sentenced to 18 months’ imprisonment in October 2009, had his application for permission to appeal rejected by three judges in London in December 2010.
They said the prosecution had a ‘strong’ case against King and ruled: “We have no doubt this conviction is safe.”
During his trial, London’s Southwark Crown Court heard the striker, who had been celebrating his wife’s pregnancy and scoring a winning goal earlier, launched an ‘unprovoked’ attack after repeatedly being ‘cold-shouldered’ by women in the Soho Revue Bar in December 2008.
King claimed he was the victim of ‘mistaken identity, but a jury convicted him of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old university student, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, and causing her actual bodily harm.