Sheffield Council has issued a warning after a jar of olives was found to be contaiminated.
One jar of Olive Bella di Cerignola olives has been found to contain clostridium botulinum – which causes botulism.
The Food Standards Agency is advising people not to eat the olives as a precautionary measure.
The olives are not sold by major retailers but are available from specialist delicatessens or at farmers’ market stalls. The labelling is solely in Italian.
The batch is made up of 580g jars of Divini di Chicco Francesco Olive Bella di Cerignola with a ‘best before’ date of June 10 2014.
Anyone with a jar from the batch is warned not to eat the olives.
Call the council’s food safety team on 0114 2053165.