Fizzing tank causes alarm

Share this article
Have your say

STAFF and customers were evacuated from a Doncaster restaurant after a gas leak scare.

Seven members of the public and six staff had to leave the McDonald’s in Sandford Road, Balby, on Tuesday evening after a cylinder of carbon dioxide used in fizzy drinks sprang a leak.

No-one suffered any adverse effects from the escape, which can reduce the amount of oxygen in the atmosphere in confined spaces.

Doncaster firefighters wore breathing apparatus to disconnect the cylinder and take it outside. They ventilated the premises but managers decided to close the restaurant for the rest of the day.