Fire crews spent an hour and a half this lunchtime tackling a blaze at a Wybourn home.
Firefighters from Central and Parkway stations attended the fire, at Maltrevers Terrace at 12.15pm and left around 1.45pm.
The fire, which is thought to have been started accidently, started in a front, first floor bedroom. Nobody was injured.
A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “The house was badly smoke damaged, but no one was hurt, it looks like everyone was already out of the house and the fire started accidentally.”