Firefighters rescue dog from smoke-filled house

Firefighters rescued a dog from a smoke-filled house in Barnsley after a chip pan went up in flames.

Monday, 20th November 2017, 8:51 am
Updated Monday, 11th December 2017, 9:34 pm
Raley Street, Barnsley

The fire broke out in Raley Street, Kingstone, at 2.30am yesterday and the man who lives there managed to get out unharmed but his dog was trapped inside.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters led the pet to safety.