Firefighters prevented a bin blaze from spreading to a nearby property

Firefighters armed with a hose reel jet extinguished two blazing wheelie bins before they were able to spread to a nearby property.

Sunday, 25th August 2019, 16:56 pm
Updated Sunday, 25th August 2019, 17:24 pm
Fire crews extinguished blazing wheelie bins.

The fire was discovered close to a house on Boughton Lane, Clowne, about 3,15pm, today, Sunday, August 25.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said Staveley firefighters used a hose reel jet to put the blaze out and investigated inside the house to ensure the fire had not spread.

Police also attended the incident.