Firefighters overcome a blaze in the floor of a house

Firefighters made a house safe after a blaze erupted in the floor of the property.

Saturday, 2nd February 2019, 14:59 pm
Updated Thursday, 7th February 2019, 16:06 pm
Chesterfield and Staveley firefighters were called out to a house fire.

The fire was reported about midday, today, February 2, at the house on Church Street North, at Old Whittington, Chesterfield.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Derbyshire fire service spokesman said Chesterfield and Staveley firefighters cut away the affected floor and ceiling area of the house and used chimney kit to help overcome the fire.