Crews were sent out to extinguish a fire at a Sheffield property last night, that is believed to have been caused by a woman who fell asleep with a chip pan on.
Firefighters from Elm Lane station arrived on the scene of the incident at a property in Gregg House Road, Shiregreen at around 9.50pm last night.
The woman inside the property was woken by the sound of her fire alarm, at which point she alerted the fire service.
A South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue spokesman said the woman was outside the property when they arrived, and had managed to open the front door and a number of windows at the property.
The woman was treated for smoke inhalation following the incident.